Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. 2 Peter 1:2-5 NASU

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"When I grow up..."

As a little girl I used to fantasize about what life would be like when I grew up.  I used to pray to God that  He wouldn't come back until after I got married and had kids.  I had the perfect picture of what it would all look like.  I confess it was a little too perfect, it was the typical "white picket fence, secure" kind of life.  When people asked what I wanted to be when I grew up my number one answer was to be a mom.  I wanted to be a mom and a wife.
Lets fast forward.  God granted my wish, I am a mom of 3 boys and I have also been a wife.  It isn't the white picket fence life I'd imagined and I certainly had no idea God's plan for my life.
I tell ya, this road call life has been a little different than I imagined it to be.  But I can see now that God always has a plan.  And He has given me the grace to move forward everyday.

1 comment:

  1. love the name! You are a wonderful Mom AND an excellent coach...I know first hand ;)
    Chels

    ReplyDelete