Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. 2 Peter 1:2-5 NASU

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A lighter load

Clothed in Grace....
What a refreshing feeling.  I was free of the bitterness and anger that had clothed me for years!  Of course it creeps up on me now and then but it doesn't consume me.  Isn't it interesting that when we are insecure we tend to try to cover it up with things that make us feel good.  Why would bitterness and anger make me feel good?  Because I could dwell on it and have a pitty party!  But truthfully in the end, it really doesn't feel that great, and it is such a heavy burden to carry.  Thank God for loving family who didn't let me stay clothed in such heavy attire.  They challenged me to strip myself of everything that brought me down and to re-clothe myself in Christ, which is the embodiment of righteousness and grace.  I tell ya, my load is lifted and I feel free.  It is easier to love those that are hard to love.  It is easier to forgive those that constantly seem to do me wrong.  I even sleep better!

No comments:

Post a Comment