Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. 2 Peter 1:2-5 NASU

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Broken

This summer we finalized our divorce.  What a heartbreaking time.  I worked very hard all year to make sure our kids still felt like they still had a family.  I never in a million years would have wanted to see my children suffer from the break up of their parents. It broke my heart that my children were put in that statistic of a broken home.  Our home wasn't broken!  It was just different!  I have cried out to the Lord so many times to protect their hearts and to give them a security in relationships.
At the end of this summer we faced some news that I will not fully share but it very much was a sign to the children that their dad had moved on.  It was a sign to me too!  I all of a sudden felt like we were broken... we had fallen into that statistic.  My heart broke.  Why God would our little family be faced with this!  I forever had dreamed of a full functioning family!  Not a broken one!  To look at my children and see the tears and confusion in their faces was tormenting!  The anxiety that overwhelmed me was disabling.  For a week I asked God, "why my family!"
By the way.... this week was last week.  This is fresh.
This week I still don't have all the answers, but I have peace.  We aren't broken.  Even though the church would like to look at me like we are, and the man that interviews me tells me that I'm a single mom so that is hard to hire in a Christain atmosphere... God keeps on telling me that in Him we are whole.  My kids have a great family.  A good one, and a loving one.
My family is unique but whole

No comments:

Post a Comment